Monday, September 6, 2010

My Grandmother's 77th Birthday Celebration

Over the holiday weekend my family celebrated my Mamaw's 77th birthday...and to make it even better it was a surprise. My cousin Sara and Aunt Sheri put it all together and the rest of us did a wonderful job keeping it a secret! We all went to my Aunt and Uncles house boat and had a such a great time. Almost all of us were there to celebrate.

We all got there around the same time. She looked at one of my cousins and his family and said Oh I didn't know y'all were coming to the lake this weekend. Then I walked up and she just stared at me. She heard surprise then said oh my gosh! Then ash and my mom walked up. Tears started flowing in those sweet eyes! Then another one of my cousins and her family walked up. She didn't know what to do with herself. She said in 77 years this is the first birthday party she has ever had! How crazy. What a wonderful woman she is!

My daughter, if God gives me a little girl, will be named after her. (No...I can't give away the name. Someone might steal it). Mamaw is a mother of 3 girls! My mom being the middle of the sisters! My grandfather passed away when my mom was 15. That would have made my grandmother around 36 years old when he died. Which means she raised 3 teenage girls on her own, and what an amazing job she did!

She now has 3 beautiful daughters. 8 grandchildren. 4 grandchildren-in-law (If there is such thing). 10 great grandchildren. And now 1 great great grandchild. Crazy. What a wonderful weekend we had with the family. Hope we have many more birthday celebrations with her!

This is me and Mamaw eating her birthday cake!

(Taken from Iphone so not too great! But needed a pic of us!)

More pictures to come from our great holiday weekend when I get my computer working! Everyone call your grandparents and tell them you love them. You never know how many more precious moments you will spend with them!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment