Monday, April 18, 2011

Howell Hollis Lindsey

Howell Hollis Lindsey


January 21, 1913 - April 17, 2011




My Sweet Papaw's Obituary was in today's paper. Please take the time to look at it. What an amazing man he was! Such a child of God. Such a good leader of his family. My family wouldn't be who we are today if it wasn't for his strong faith and love for God. I think God for letting me spend 25 years knowing this Man. He has touched so many. Over the past couple weeks i have heard so many stories from Family friends about my papaw. So amazing! He is a Hero in so many people's eyes.






How many people can say their Grandfather was in WWII. (Although those were not the best memories for him) He rarely ever mentioned it. He actually only shared stories with two of our pastors. And some stories with my Brother.






We were very blessed by all the friends that showed up to the visitation tonight. Some drove from out of town and we were all so happy so see them.






I think all of my family is in a good place. Of course it was hard to let go, but we know he is soo happy to be with my Meme. What a reunion they had Sunday Morning. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for us. Tomorrow will be difficult but what a Man to honor on this day! If the weather permits there will be some special Army something. (sorry really not sure what is it is called but i am looking forward to it)

3 comments:

  1. so sweet! thinking of you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you sweet girl and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable :) Thinking and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete