Wednesday, June 2, 2010

An Entire DECADE......

The sweet hubbie and I have been together a entire decade today. Crazy to think, huh? No. Not married but started dating. It was 10 years ago today. I had just finished my freshman year of high school and he finished his junior year. We had gone to the same school and hung out a couples of times. Our baseball team went to playoffs or something out of town. He asked me if i wanted to go with him & some of his friends. I of course said yes. Now that i look back on it...I can't believe my parents let me go out of town with a boy they didn't even really know. I remember the Shumakes did drive us so maybe that is why they let me go. I was 14 and he was 18. (The sweet hubs hates when i say our age difference b/c he says it sounds so bad. Really I was 14 but turned 15 the next month.) We were in the car on the way back from the game, can't remember if we won or lost, but he asked if i would be his girlfriend. :) How sweet!


We have each grown as people and as a couple together. Crazy to think i have almost been with him half of my life. I know a little more since I am 24. But so crazy. I can't imagine my life without him. He is for sure my other half, my best friend, my sweet hubbie. He has taught me so much and takes such good care of me. Cooks me dinner every night. We still go on our weekly Sunday night dates to the movies. Man I just love that SWEET MAN! I don't have pictures of us when we started dating but here are a few from the last 10 years.













No comments:

Post a Comment