Saturday, June 12, 2010

North Carolina thus far.....

We left Thursday morning right when I got off work. I slept most of the 15 hour drive. Except the last 4 hrs when I took over the driving while mom & Ash slept. It was dark and in the mountains so roads were very curvy. We got to Winston-Salem Thursday night around 11:30. Friday morning I woke up to the sweet nephew in bed between Ash and me. While his parents went to work he skipped daycare and hung out with Lolo (that is my mom) and his aunts. We had a pretty low key day and enjoyed our time. Saturday our cousin Sara came to spend the rest of the weekend with us. She lives in North Carolina too. Now that makes 5 of us girls with Jabeau (my brother). We went to a rib festival. For those of you that don't know.... I love RIBS!! (side note: one of my friend's Dads cooked ribs for us one night, I ate so many I earned the nickname "rib girl").



Not a good pic but funny. Ash and I shared an entire rack of ribs. Some thought we couldn't do it. But we for sure did. (I know I normally don't eat meat off a bone but for some reason ribs are different).
This is only the 2nd time Sara has ever had ribs. Poor girl is missing out on such great food.



Jabeau eating a chocolate covered jalapeƱo. Crazy! Had a little bite, it wasn't good at all



My FAV! Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick. Yes I was nice and shared with Sara.



Guess I was being a hog. We ended up using forks. It was much easier. Yum so good.



Bath time with the sweet baby. This is my quality time with the little one. Bath. Bottle. Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment