Thursday, August 12, 2010

The story behind my title "How Sweet It Is"

When I decided I wanted to start my own blog I had the hardest time coming up with a name. I didn't want to have everything about me right there for anyone to basically come knock on my frontdoor and find me. Not that anyone reading this would, but you know... there are some crazies out there. My friend Rachel (If only i knew how to highlight her name so when you clicked on it, it would take you to her blog...still learning..help if you know how) had her blog and was trying to help me come up with something to call mine. She asked me what am i passionate about, hobby, love. My passion is of course being a nurse.. but second would be to have my own business. My sister and I have always wanted a dessert place. Somewhere you would come after dinner or just meet up with friends eat dessert, have an adult beverage (Dad wouldn't go for this), and listen to music (we would have bands there on the weekends). Well my family isn't made of money so i stuck with nursing but still have that dream. We even have a name...




Then before all the cupcake places got so big we thought..well that could be cheaper to have a cupcake place... now they are everywhere...although still not in our town... but again we still aren't made of money. (so if anyone want to help with this we would quit our jobs tomorrow) I was going to name the blog what our "Dessert/cupcake" place is going to be called...but then thougth what if someone steals it.... So then I changed a few things and somehow came up with HOW SWEET IT IS... which is still pretty close to our cupcake places name. Maybe one day everyone will find out the name. :)


So anytime my sister and i come across a cupcakes place or dessert place that we like, we always take notes. The types of dessert, the look of the place, jsut everything about it. We actually already have the place we could open our store but just not sure if we are wanting to deal with everything we have to deal with. Our parents actually own it and we aren't sure they are for it either.. so we JUST DREAM... You just never know..


These picture are from the latest cupcake place we went to out of town. This is my number one pick anywhere... Will for sure have this at our place... Strawberry cupcake with strawberry cream cheese icing... YUM!

We always each order one and then share with each other so we get to try them all. They were all VERY good. Maybe one day I will have one of my own!!! The Sweet Man tell us we need to start learning how to not always make them out of the box. So we will start there :)







No comments:

Post a Comment