Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Me... play sports?

I am not the sporty type. I was a cheerleader most of high school and was on a competition squad all throughout high school too. But i was never the girl that played sports. But for some reason I have really wanted to be on some kind of Co-ed sport, either with church or something... But then I think I have really never played sports and some might take it a little too serious and get mad at me :) Not like we can do! So when the Sweet Man and I got asked to be on a co-ed softball team we were in... (really i think they just wanted him to play and might have needed a few girls just in case) so basically I am a "just in case girl"... meaning another girl can't play, gets hurts, out of town....whatever.. But really i have THE worst schedule in the world to be able to make it to games. The games are Monday and Wednesday nights. I work most everyone Monday or Wednesday unless i work the weekend.

I made it to practice this week. They put me and another girl as the catcher. They really didn't want us to be the ones in the outfield to catch the ball and have to throw it to whatever base to get someone out. AND SCARY... there are boys that hit the balls so far..it. scares. me. to. death. So the catcher is fine with me...when i am even able to make the games. But i for real want to wear the whole catcher get up.. I am not trying to have a ball come at my face or my chest or have someone slide in to home and kick the crap out of my leg.

So maybe my work schedule is a positive thing. Makes me feel like i am apart of the team but just can't make it to the games...haha.. i am pretty good at sitting in the dugout. I can be the bat girl or something. But i do love watching sports... Well not sure if it is the actual sport i like watching to the social aspect of it. This summer The sweet man and I went to a Rangers vs. Cubs game in Dallas. The sweet man LOVEs the cubs, and well i just love TEXAS.. so you can see how this worked out for us! The first game Rangers won...Second game we were with Taylor's family so didn't make it but the cubs won and the last game we went to the CUBS won. It is better that way to keep the sweet man in a good mood! :) I have some pictures from the game but they didn't turn out too good, with us trying to take them ourselves. And He was very bothered by how many we had to take to get somewhat of us in the center. Not the he smiles that much, but it was fading for sure.

First game... Rangers won. If you notice i have on my rangers shirt and He has on his Cubs stuff. Not soo good of a pic..it was HOT..but it is still fun

3rd game... Cubs won..he still has his cubs stuff on but this time i just had the hat..
I will hopefully get some pictures of us in action at one of our softball games...well Maybe him in action... i guess i could pass out water and be the nurse at the game. :) oh yeah...and of course only me our first practice i was talking to this little boy and a stupid big yellow softball hit me in the thigh... Major bruise. But i still have all my teeth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment